There are number of ways you can enhance your skills, increase your knowledge of current trends and network with others’ in the profession. Some of these include:
- Becoming a member of VMPC as well as provincial or local associations for Managers of Volunteer Resources.
- Obtaining the CVA certification offered through CCVA, an internationally recognized standard in the profession.
- Attending conferences offered annually by VMPC or local/provincial associations
- Taking courses or seminars in volunteer resources management which are often offered at local colleges, online and through professional associations.
- Reading books and publications on volunteering, volunteerism and volunteer management.
- Becoming actively involved by volunteering in the community or on a Board of directors.
You can also identify specific professional development needs by consulting the VMPC Skills, Knowledge and Abilities tool.