VMPC is pleased to provide you with these links to further resources in the administration of volunteer programs.
Other Associations for Volunteer Management Professionals in Canada
- PAVR-O:Representing and supporting members in pursuit of excellence in the Administration of Volunteer Resources in Ontario.
- Réseau de l'action bénévole du Québec: Le réseau est un organisme sans but lucratif pour qui la réflexion sur l'action bénévole est au cœur de son mandat.
- AGRBQ: Association des gestionnaires de ressources bénévoles du Québec secteur santé et services sociaux : The Québec provincial professional association for Leaders of Volunteer Resources in Healthcare and social services.
- AVR-SK: A professional organization with Saskatchewan wide influence in the voluntary sector. Currently our membership is made up of about 50 members who work with a variety of volunteer programs in the Saskatoon area.
- VMG: Volunteer Management Group - Edmonton, Alberta. The Volunteer Management Group is a professional association representing managers of volunteer programs in Edmonton and area. VMG facilitates professional development, advocacy, and networking for its membership of Managers of Volunteer Resources.
- MAVA (Manitoba): A new website for the Manitoba Association for Volunteer Administration — a professional association uniting individuals involved in the administration of volunteer services and programs.
- Hamilton Adminstrators of Volunteers (HAV): committed to developing, promoting and supporting professional excellence among those individuals empowered with the management of volunteers
International Associations for Volunteer Management Professionals
- Volunteer Scotland: Promoting equality of opportunity and high standards of achievement and generating new initiatives to expand the range and effectiveness of volunteer action and active citizenship in Scotland.
- The Association for Healthcare Volunteer Resource Professionals (AHVRP), a professional membership group of the American Hospital Association is the premier professional membership society for healthcare volunteer services, retail operations and related support services disciplines. AHVRP provides education, recognition for personal and professional achievements, national networking as well as affiliation and collaboration with the American Hospital Association on public policy and advocacy issues related to healthcare volunteer services and retail operations.
- Minnesota Association for Volunteer Administration (MAVA) provides a vital forum for people involved in the field of volunteerism. Through our cutting edge research and multi-level trainings, we provide these leaders essential professional development and opportunities to exchange relevant information and ideas with their peers.
Research and Resources for Volunteer Management Professionals
- CyberVPM Resources: Resources for Volunteer Programs. Volunteers are the glue that holds a community together... and volunteer managers are the professionals who know where and how to apply the glue.
- TOTAL Non Profit Resources: A project of Volunteer Hamilton: this Government of Ontario sponsored site is dedicated to the voluntary sector. It is designed to assist both staff and volunteers working for small to medium-sized voluntary sector organizations in accessing the resources they require to effectively manage their organizations.
- Volunteering and charitable giving in Canada: Tables Report. This publication offers national highlights as well as data tables from the 2013 Canada Survey of Giving, Volunteering, and Participating (CSGVP). This survey was undertaken to better understand how Canadians support individuals and communities on their own or through their involvement with charitable and non-profit organizations.
- Energize, Inc: Susan J. Ellis - Energize, Inc. is an international training, consulting and publishing firm specializing in volunteerism.Founded in 1977, Energize has assisted organizations of all types with their volunteer efforts--whether they are health and human service organizations,cultural arts groups, professional associations, or schools.
Volunteer Sector Initiative Links
- Volunteer Canada: The national voice for volunteerism in Canada. Volunteer Canada is committed to supporting volunteerism and civic participation through ongoing programs and special projects.
- The Voluntary Sector Initiative (VSI) was a unique undertaking between the Government of Canada and the voluntary sector to enhance their relationship and strengthen the sector's capacity. This site contains documents and links to documents that were created during the Initiative.
- E-Volunteerism: The Electronic Journal of the Volunteerism Community
- Charity Village: Canada's online community focused on careers, work life, and human resources issues in and around the social profit sector. We connect you to great work, ideas, opportunities, and each other
- Independent Sector: A coalition of leading nonprofits, foundations, and corporations strengthening not-for-profit initiative, philanthropy, and citizen action.
Volunteer Centres in Canada
Volunteer Centres work in local communities to strengthen volunteering and citizen engagement. With more than 200 in Canada, each volunteer centre’s name, size, structure and services reflect the unique characteristics of their community. Contact information for a volunteer centre in your area is available from Volunteer Canada.
For a detailed listing of organizations and schools that offer educational programs, please visit our Professional Development Page.