About the Association
Volunteer Management Professionals of Canada (VMPC) was founded in 1980 and is the champion in the field of Volunteer Management. Dedicated to advocacy, capacity building and networking, it connects and empowers a network of professionals and passionately elevates the quality of volunteerism in Canada.
VMPC collaborates with provincial, national and international organizations to support its membership and strives for volunteer resources management to be recognized and respected as a leading profession of choice.
Volunteer Management Professionals of Canada strives:
- To provide national leadership for those working in the field of Volunteer Management.
- To maintain a professional Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice in the management of volunteer resources.
- To promote professional development in the management of volunteer resources.
- To collaborate with provincial, national and international organizations.
- To overcome the obstacles associated with the degree of distance experienced by national associations in a large country such as Canada.
- To address the substantial costs involved in sustaining a viable national association.
- The rising costs and financial restraints imposed on all agencies and facilities, and thereby our constituency.
Opportunities for members
- Get INVOLVED in the national association by volunteering to serve on one of the many committees, task forces or even get nominated to the Board.
- Gain professional knowledge; sharpen leadership skills; become an expert in the field of volunteer resources and voluntarism.
- Our Association is recruiting new and dedicated leaders in the field!